Re: Package information for non-installed programs in ZSH

On Tue, 5 Apr 2011 13:40:16 +0200
Oliver Keszöcze <keszocze@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Using BASH and Ubuntu I get messages such as
>
>      The program 'gcc' can be found in the following packages:
>       * gcc
>       * pentium-builder
>      Try: sudo apt-get install <selected package>
>
> if I try to run stuff I do not have currently installed.

It will be using a command-not-found handler.  You can do this sort of
thing in recent versions of zsh if you find out what the back end is...

command_not_found_handler() {
  print "Attempting to locate the command $1..."
  # if you don't want to consider that the command has been handled...
  return 1
}

% fumble
Attempting to locate the command fumble...
zsh: command not found: fumble

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx>            Software Engineer
Tel: +44 (0)1223 692070                   Cambridge Silicon Radio Limited