Re: up-line and down-line without history

On 2011-06-01 16:32, Bernhard Tittelbach wrote:
On 2011-06-01 09:45, Guido van Steen wrote:
Dear List,

I have been trying to find out how to "just" navigate through a multiline buffer.

I know the "up-line-or-history" and "down-line-or-history" widgets. It seems
to me that the "up-line" and "down-line" parts of these widgets do exactly
what I want. So the problem is that I would like to avoid the "or-history" part.

Are there a similar widgets that exclusively control the navigation of
multiline buffers, i.e. without the side-effect of potentially navigating the
history file?

Or could/should I create my own widgets based on "up-line-or-history" and
"down-line-or-history", in which I just override the "or-history" part?

as for writing it yourself, maybe, off the top of my head, something like this ??

function up-line
{
 local buflines chars_above chars_left
 buflines=(${(f)LBUFFER})
 chars_above="${#buflines[$#buflines-1]}"
 chars_left="${#buflines[$#buflines]}"
 [[ $chars_left -gt $chars_above ]] && chars_above=$chars_left
 CURSOR=$((CURSOR-chars_above-1))
}
zle -N up-line && bindkey "^[[A" up-line

regards,
Bernhard