Re: locking failed for /home/whoever/.zhistory: no such file or directory

Cesar Romani wrote:
> I'm using zsh 4.3.12-dev-1
> Whenever I start zsh I always get the following message:
> zsh: locking failed for /home/whoever/.zhistory: no such file or
> directory: reading anyway

That means a system call to lock the file for reading failed.  It
depends on the file system whether locking is enabled.  So long as you
are not attempting to use the history file with multiple terminals at
once, you shouldn't hit problems.