Re: Zsh trying to access gcc and binutils binaries on login, why?

On Aug 26, 10:18pm, Piotr Karbowski wrote:
}
} Recenty I was fooling around with grsecurity's rbac and found out that
} after each login I have a lot of logs about denied access
} /usr/i686-pc-linux-gnu/ with parent '/bin/zsh'
}
} Why would zsh want execute gcc on login?

It doesn't.  It just wants to enter it into the hash table in case you
execute it from the prompt later (or in case you attempt to complete
it).  The users for whom this is a problem likely should not have the
gcc-bin and binutils-bin directories in their $path in the first place.