Re: vcs_info

2011/9/15 Frank Terbeck <ft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Julien Nicoulaud wrote:
> > It seems by default Git repos have precedence over Hg repos. You can
> force
> > the order this way:
> >
> > zstyle ':vcs_info:*' enable hg bzr svn git
> >

> > I works fine for me (full setup here:
> > https://gitorious.org/prso/dotfiles/blobs/master/zsh/conf.d/07_Prompt.sh
> ).
> >
> > May be it would be better if vcs_info automatically picked the inner repo
> ?
>
> This is not possible.
>
> The detections are run sequentially and not in parallel. And with git
> for example, you just ask whether you're in a git-working-directory and
> git tells you - you don't traverse the directory tree yourself. So there
> is no simple way to do this.

Maybe we could add a disable-repo-patterns style, matching the repo root
directory instead of the working directory ? vcs_info is able to use the
relative path in the repo in formats (%S), so one would think it "knows"
about the repo root directory ?

> I'm also really not a big fan of ~ in git. Because, you probably don't
> track everything and use a lot of ignores. And then "git clean -xdf" is
> the new "rm -Rf /"...

Actually, I have a ~/.gitignore with *. When I want to add a file, I just
force it. I have been using this for years, not accident so far...