Half OT: Convenient way to a copy with path of single files

Hi,

I am looking for a convenient way to copy a handful
of files as follows ("mycp" stands for what ever I
have to use to accomplish the copy):

    mycp /home/user/A/B/C/D/files.txt /home/A/B/other/.

results in :

   /home/A/B/other/C/D/files.txt

where 'files.txt' is a placeholder for everything which my
be matched by regular expressions inclusive furthere directories,
symlinks etc...

Is there a alreadu a command in the treasure of zsh or do I have
to script something?

Best regards,
mcc