Re: zsh spinning for ages when I hit tab on directory

On Nov 8,  4:35pm, Markus Trippelsdorf wrote:
} Subject: Re: zsh spinning for ages when I hit tab on directory
}
} > } zstyle ':completion:::::' completer _complete _approximate
} > } zstyle -e ':completion:*:approximate:*' max-errors 'reply=( $(( ($#PREFIX+$#SUFFIX)/3 )) )'
} >
} > zstyle -e ':completion:*:approximate:*' \
} > 	max-errors 'reply=( $(( ($#PREFIX:t+$#SUFFIX:h)/3 )) )'
}
} Thanks Bart. This fixes the problem.
} BTW I copied the lines from the "From bash to Z Shell" book.

Ah, yes, well, examples in books tend to illustrate isolated concepts.
It's a perfectly good example of how "zstyle -e" works, which in spite
of it being introduced in the section on _approximate is really what
the authors were getting at.

Also it works perfectly well as long as you don't type a really long
path to a directory filled with a lot of files. :-)

[This problem didn't occur to me as a technical reviewer of the book,
either, so ... accept our collective apologies?]