Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Slow ZSH
- X-seq: zsh-users 16978
- From: Kyle Partridge <partkyle@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Slow ZSH
- Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 11:28:30 -0700
- Cc: zsh-users@xxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :cc:content-type; bh=qzmY7URdLS87luAo7QuDXbYQIgfq2LteikTmvDEdEqQ=; b=bxyxer2EQdpvxChTt/zQWhdTF0I1YFo5esZ/aildbN+vQALNpPmjpxkyTl1XN1nXTf jzLPn6/ucZjFjnkdpwbj7sYYNtP8z1qiAzQg3AoRGoywRBZALNblcGNMCgV3ZlKXUONa 9vRuzXtBt0DhEk2TkHFEe+7ixOUetIB+HMIHnaDXqJ/zZHoK/FEy62ae8k/VLHzU3Mf8 8NV+bB2t2UYKX0vIQw3tIWZZfKaAXjZtcTq5MM6/Ktp4W6yu39LJlhwhSHgEwBiXH651 ZqtKjILJTg/ikabsQv54Kh1eL8F+qkuI3sGtQ7N/aV8/s8JGnxySMDfp192wjFln/wPK K4pg==
- In-reply-to: <CAHYJk3SxWFy=cCuLgaXL9NA1b1Q0bRrHRMvdXnsnfCS4B9f0rA@mail.gmail.com>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Users List <zsh-users.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <CALtajeVxZhzDFoP+p+XxqHygKNptHM7k9A46rp_hdbbX4y_Jtw@mail.gmail.com> <CAHYJk3SxWFy=cCuLgaXL9NA1b1Q0bRrHRMvdXnsnfCS4B9f0rA@mail.gmail.com>
This is on OS X Lion, so the version bundled is 4.3.15. I'm on OS X, so I
had to install a newer version using brew (4.3.17).
That seems to be helping for now. I will try this out for a while to see if
On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 10:50 AM, Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 3 April 2012 18:56, Kyle Partridge <partkyle@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I have a slow loading zsh, where it sometimes takes longer than 10
> > to get to a prompt.
> > I think the problem is compinit - I've run "zsh -v" multiple times to try
> > and find a slow down, and that seems to be the part that it hangs on.
> > Is there any way to make this run faster? Is there a better way to debug
> > this problem?
> Are you using 4.3.11-4.3.15? They have a feature enabled that causes
> the path hash to be populated a bit slower. <.10 didn't have the
> feature and .16+ lets you disable it and has it disabled by default.
> Mikael Magnusson
Messages sorted by: