Re: do you use separate .zshenv and .zshrc files?

On Sat, 28 Apr 2012, Benjamin R. Haskell wrote:

Here's the order of the standard four files, and the condition under which they run:

.zshenv: (always)
.zprofile: [[ -o login ]]
.zshrc: [[ -o interactive ]]
.zlogin: [[ -o login ]]

To disable all of them, there is the 'NO_RCS' option.

For completeness: Those are the standard four personal startup files. I tend to ignore systemwide files, because I put 'set -o no_global_rcs' in my .zshenv. (I've too often found that the systemwide files just contain distribution-specific crap that conflicts with my own settings.)

For a more in-depth discussion see the 'STARTUP/SHUTDOWN FILES' section in `man 1 zsh`.

--
Best,
Ben