Re[2]: how to use character range [] in substitution pattern :gs

On Wed, 09 May 2012 10:12:18 -0700 reckoner <reckoner@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

r> On Wednesday, May 09, 2012 9:34:45 AM, Peter Stephenson wrote:
r> > On Wed, 9 May 2012 09:00:43 -0700
r> > reckoner<reckoner@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
r> >>> ${x//[\(\)]/_}
r> >>
r> >> This last one doesn't work for me with or without the HIST_SUBST_PATTERN.
r> >
r> > Hmm... there's not a lot to go wrong unless your version of zsh is
r> > very old.
r> >
r> > % zsh -f
r> > % x="foo(bar())rod"
r> > foo_bar___rod
r>
r> here's my version: zsh 4.3.11 (i686-pc-cygwin)

 FWIW the above commands work correctly with exactly the same zsh version
for me...

 Regards,
VZ