Re: How to set up completion for git aliases?

Hi again,

On Sat, Jul 07, 2012 at 02:51:50AM +0200, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
> FT> You don't need to do anything, unless you're on a quite old version of
> FT> zsh.
>
>  Sorry, I should have mentioned that I use (quite old) 4.3.10 (from Debian
> Squeeze).
>
> FT> I don't remember when the feature was added exactly, but any release
> FT> within the last year should be new enough.
>
>  I tried grabbing just the latest _git but it fails with
>
> _arguments:comparguments:312: invalid argument: (-v          --header)
>
> error so it looks like I'd have to install a new zsh version locally.

Hrm, in my case git tab completion works fine with aliases on Debian
Squeeze, too. E.g. with dc="diff --cached", git dc --<Tab> works as
expected as well as "git dc -- <Tab>" does.

Not sure how much of it comes from grml's zshrc (ft may be able to
tell :-), but it's definitely doable with zsh 4.3.10 from Squeeze. :-)

		Kind regards, Axel
\ /  Say No to HTML in E-Mail and News            | abe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  (Mail)
 X   See http://www.asciiribbon.org/              | abe@xxxxxxxxx (Mail+Jabber)
/ \  I love long mails: http://email.is-not-s.ms/ | http://noone.org/abe/ (Web)