Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Bug / error in manpage.
- X-seq: zsh-users 17309
- From: Larry Schrof <larrys@xxxxxx>
- To: Peter Stephenson <p.w.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "zsh-users@xxxxxxx" <zsh-users@xxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Bug / error in manpage.
- Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2012 18:39:31 +0000
- Accept-language: en-US
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=fb.com; h=from : to : subject : date : message-id : in-reply-to : content-type : content-id : content-transfer-encoding : mime-version; s=facebook; bh=Q0RFwcZvGxjbMHD/EnFerYLt+x4yYgzyax8t6aucKyk=; b=qLQBx73xOZT6XSliE6JyqINLU7lS7siUi5QHwKpLoRWWitjKIp49r5KGY+p5plRhG2AN X0Ze9qZtRTU6YPIBa28n4tYBV5rC4B0wc7kNxuTxqyEHdujJDOqIJ7U2ppeQYG3+5AzZ ut2sJ7CcgPqEtzYQTyN2qttiVJIIS8fVQlE=
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Users List <zsh-users.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- Thread-index: AQHNn//GKajF7pQVzUGqlU64C195lJemg6aAgABLFAD//4vGgA==
- Thread-topic: Bug / error in manpage.
Agreed - I was thinking it was probably a matter of time before one of you
up with a good example.
Are you thinking mentioning angle-brackets needing special quoting, or are
you thinking about just removing mention of them from that section of
On 10/2/12 11:35 AM, "Peter Stephenson" <p.w.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>On Tue, 02 Oct 2012 07:06:43 -0700
>Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> What PWS's patch does, in effect, is arrange that [ ] will quote the
>> redirection operators so you no longer need to explicitly quote them in
>> that particular context. This is probably breaking some rule or other
>> of POSIX shell syntax but I can't immediately come up with any example
>> where it will matter.
>Before returned false, now says
>zsh: no such file or directory: [</dev/null
>That looks likes something of a dealbreaker; there's no simple
>syntactic distinction between that and the cases that we'd like to work.
>It might be better just to document the limitations.
>Peter Stephenson <p.w.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Web page now at http://homepage.ntlworld.com/p.w.stephenson/
Messages sorted by: