Re: delete key :(

On Wed, 31 Oct 2012 17:10:19 -0700
Ray Andrews <rayandrews@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Just a quick mini-bitch. Playing with the Salix distro, I imported
> all my ~/.z* files, and got things more or less working ok, except
> that a few standard keys didn't work, like 'delete' prints a tilde,
> etc.

It needs to query termcap (which is the interface we're still using, but
is mostly good enough) for the information about the key and then
bind it.  There's already special-case code in zle_keymap.c to
add the bindings for cursor keys.  Needs some modification of
zsh.h and init.c to add the termcap strings (kD delete, kI insert, kh
home, can't see end offhand although it's there in terminfo ...hmm, we
do have a terminfo library add-on, could use it to query for kend).

Apart from arranging to use terminfo, which needs something thinking
about loading dynamic libraries, it should be a relatively easy job for
a volunteer.

pws