Re: How to enable history completion in command line?

On Tue, Jan 01, 2013 at 04:08:01PM -0800, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> On Jan 2,  6:44am, Han Pingtian wrote:
> }
> } How can I enable history completion in the command line? That's typing
> } a command then hit some key to let zsh completes the whole command
> } line based on history.
>
> Are you sure you're not looking for history-beginning-search-backward?

Thanks, Bart and Karoly.

history-beginning-search-backward works just fine. I was just curious to the
feature about '_history_complete_word' discussed in previous letter. Now
it looks like it will show a menu to the user for selection. This isn't
really useful I think. I'm going to bind up-arrow and down-arrow  to
'history-beginning-search-backward' and 'history-beginning-search-forward'
respectively.