Re: PATCH and more remarks on parameter expansion docs

On Wed, Jan 02, 2013 at 08:46:44AM -0800, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> On Jan 2,  4:32pm, Han Pingtian wrote:
> }
> } Thanks your nice patch. But I'm still wondering why not change the
> } statements after "${=spec}" in man page. Or I'm misunderstanding the
> } original statements which has been stating this "splitting before
> } assignment" behavior is only related to "(A)" flag?
>
> You mean this?
>
>      Note that splitting is applied to WORD in the assignment forms of
>      SPEC _before_ the assignment to NAME is performed.  This affects
>      the result of array assignments with the A flag.
Yes, I mean this.

I think it doesn't say this splitting _before_ assignments is only true
when (A) is used. Looks like if (A) wasn't used, splitting will _after_
the assignments:

    % print -l ${=xx::=foo   bar} . $xx . ${(A)=xx::=foo   bar} . $xx
    foo
    bar
    .
    foo   bar
    .
    foo
    bar
    .
    foo
    bar

So I think maybe it should say this splitting before assignments is only
true when (A) is used. The original statements give me the feeling that
this splitting before assignments is peformed in any conditions. Or I am
misunderstanding the statements?

Thanks.