Re: input foo, output '[F|f][O|o][O|o]'?

On 1 Jul 2013, at 20:38, Kurtis Rader wrote:

In short, for any reasonable regex implementation there is no need to resort to something as clumsy  as what you propose.

You would certainly be correct in the vast majority of cases. However, I happen to be dealing with one of the small percentages of exceptions, as the AddDescription implementation in Apache does not have a 'reasonable regex' implementation for this, as far as I have been able to tell.

Keep in mind to that for anything other than ASCII this is impossible, for all practical purposes, to implement correctly using the strategy you had in mind.

Yup. But these are filenames on a web server and will only be ASCII.

Thanks again

TjL