Re: input foo, output '[F|f][O|o][O|o]'?

On 1 Jul 2013, at 21:53, Benjamin R. Haskell wrote:

I think you've missed the point of "N, n, or pipe". [F|f] matches upper 'F' or lower 'f', but also the character '|'. You seem to be conflating:

[xyz] - 'x' or 'y' or 'z'

with:

(x|y|z) - 'x' or 'y' or 'z'

The '|' doesn't mean 'or' within square brackets. It means the literal character: '|'.

Oh FFS… yes… sorry… that's exactly what I was doing. Sorry about that. I kept reading what I was thinking about instead of what I'd written.

*sigh*

(It's been a long week for it to be only just past Monday :-)

TjL