zsh no longer inherit my $PATH.

For some reason zsh scripts no longer preserve $PATH that I modify in my .zshrc.

if I do: echo -e '#!/bin/zsh \n echo $PATH' >test.zsh && chmod +x test.zsh && ./test.zsh the $PATH is altered, it wasnt as-is

moving PATH altering part to .zshenv does 'fix' it but I would like to know how can I restore old behivor.

If I run script with /bin/sh shebang, it will preserve my $PATH and this is exacly what I want, but with zsh, which is essential.

-- Piotr.