question about glob qualifier format (#qx)

Hello,

I'm confused about the usage of glob qualifier format "(#qx)". The man
page says:

       				......    Also, as the syntax  is  unambiguous,
       the  expression  will  be  treated  as glob qualifiers just as long any
       parentheses contained within it are balanced; appearance of `|', `(' or
       `~'  does  not  negate the effect.

But looks like if I put them in parentheses, it will not take effect any more:

	$ ls
	1.c  2.h  a  b  slink
	$ echo *((#q/))
	1.c 2.h a b slink

So I'd like to know how to comprehend the manpage here? Thanks in
advance!