Re: Glob problem

Thanks for all the responses. The glob is now being generated properly. However, I am still having a problem getting my loop to run completely through.

pattern=git*
for entry in $path
do
    print -l $entry/$~pattern
done

Output:
----------
/opt/local/bin/git
/opt/local/bin/git-credential-osxkeychain
/opt/local/bin/git-cvsserver
/opt/local/bin/git-receive-pack
/opt/local/bin/git-shell
/opt/local/bin/git-upload-archive
/opt/local/bin/git-upload-pack
/opt/local/bin/gitk
zsh: no matches found: /opt/local/sbin/git*

/opt/local/sbin/ being the second entry in my path.

Also tried:

print -l $path/$~pattern

Output:
zsh: no matches found: /Users/brent/bin/git*

/Users/brent/bin/ being the last entry in my path.

Looks like I need to use a conditional to test if any pattern matches exist, per directory, before trying to print them. I wasn't able to find a solution in the manual that facilitates testing for the existence of pattern matches. I would like to solve this problem using only globbing if possible. I am probably missing something simple.