Re: Remove space added by completion

zzapper wrote:

> When you tab complete you get a trailing space for free which is mostly
> what you want but is there a flag etc which can remove it?

See the -q, -r and -R options to compadd in the documentation.

I assume you don't want to disable it completely given that it is
"mostly what you want". You should actually find that it gets removed if
the next key you type is something that would imply the suffix wasn't
wanted. I can't think of an example with a space but typing space after
a / suffix from a completed directory will usually remove the trailing
/.

It might be useful to have a specific example of an unwanted space.

Oliver