Look for git info in background

Hi,

I display "git" informations in my prompt such as branch name, number
of commits since last push etc... but on big repositories, it takes
some time to retrieve.

I would like to display the prompt as soon as I know if the folder is
a git repo or not so that I can enter commands in the prompt. I would
like zsh to retrieve that info (number of commtis ahead of upstream
etc...) in background and update my prompt when the information
becomes available.

has anyone some code for that, I couldn't find anything ?

Regards
Matt