can combination of zstyle -e and -a cause infinite loop?

Hello,

I got this curious question when trying to find
solution of something else.
(based on Bart's solution in some other e-mail)

if I use zstyle like this:

zstyle -e ':completion:*' matcher-list \

    'zstyle -a ":completion:$curcontext" matcher-list reply'

OR

if I write something like this in two lines:

zstyle -e ':completion:*' matcher-list \

    'zstyle -a ":completion:b" matcher-list reply'
zstyle -e ':completion:b' matcher-list \

    'zstyle -a ":completion:a" matcher-list reply'

Will any of the two cases above cause infinite loops?

Or zsh will detect these loops?

Just curious to know, I have not tried! :fear:

Amm