Re: stdios confused by a function scope ?

hello,

On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 10:35:36PM -0700, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> Your explanation of what is (not) happening could have been clearer;
> I'm still not sure I'm correctly understanding what you expect.

well i have to admit i tried (maybe not enough).

fill() is a function used internally by one of the filters of the pipe
and i dont understand why it works when it is used from the command line
but it seems to read forever in some level of function wrapping.

but!

> However, this particular construction is very odd:
>
>          < ~/.uds/rt/credentials | fill RTUSER RTPASSWD RTSERVER

damn! not only i wrote this but i read it hundred times without
catching it. of course it's odd :)

>          < ~/.uds/rt/credentials fill RTUSER RTPASSWD RTSERVER
> What is the value of $READNULLCMD ?

less :( i feel dumb right now … removing the | fix the problem

thanks Bart!

--
Marc Chantreux (eiro on github and freenode)
http://eiro.github.com/