Re: zsh spinning on .zsh_history.LOCK on start

* Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2014-06-10 23:42:38 -0700]:
> On Jun 11,  7:39am, Florian Bruhin wrote:
> }
> } When I delete the lockfile, it starts up normally. After waiting some
> } while it does as well sometimes. Then the problem goes away, and some
> } weeks later magically appears again.
> }
> } Any ideas on what's going wrong there?
>
> If your home directory is NFS or otherwise network-mounted, make sure
> the clocks are in sync on all the hosts from which you might access it.
>
> There is a patch in http://www.zsh.org/mla/workers/2014/msg00369.html
> (zsh-workers/32580) which is *probably* the fix for your problem.

Hmm, it's not on a NFS, but I think it's a very related problem: My
hardware clock sometimes does funny things when suspending/rebooting
(like just adjusting itself by a few minutes/hours in any direction),
so indeed that could be the issue. Some while ago my dirty workaround
of syncing via NTP when possible doesn't work anymore, and it's very
well possible these problems started appearing since then.

Thanks!

Florian

--
http://www.the-compiler.org | me@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Mail/XMPP)