Re: rsync --progress stops completion

On 20 Sep, Yuri D'Elia wrote:
> I'll take rsync as an example here.
>
>   $ rsync --unknown
>
> will stop the completion entirely. Surely, with _files you can go on,

rsync appears to be a rare example where this happens. Other examples I
try do ignore unknown options. What's unusual about _rsync is that it
uses the option sets feature of _arguments. I don't think many functions
use them.

For the original example with -P/--progress, I find it to be a useful
feature that they are mutually exclusive. Completion is more useful with
fewer matches and the lack of matches can be a good indication that
you've made a mistake or are doing something pointless.

Oliver