ZSH history not saved anymore

Hi all,

I've just started using enlightenment 19 coming from Gnome.  Now my
terminal emulator is terminology instead of gnome-terminal.

Today, I've noticed that since then my ZSH history file doesn't get
updated anymore.  That is, when terminating the terminal emulator, it
seems that ZSH has no chance to save the histfile anymore.  As a
workaround I can just quit ZSH before terminating terminology using the
"exit" command.

I've written a bug report for terminology here:

  https://phab.enlightenment.org/T1685

However, I'm not completely sure that terminology is doing something
wrong.  When using BASH inside a terminology terminal emulator and
closing the latter, the bash history *is* saved.

So is it really a terminology problem or is ZSH (5.0.6) doing something
wrong?

Bye,
Tassilo