Re: Terminology: Alt-Backspace doesn't work

Tassilo Horn wrote:

> E.g., in urxvt or gnome-terminal, Alt-Backspace results in the shell
> receiving the key "^[^?".  In terminology, Alt-Backspace gives "^H"
> (which is Control-Backspace with urxvt/gnome-terminal).
>
> Is this a known issue or is there some config option that I need to
> change?

It's a Terminology issue rather than a zsh one. Zsh only gets a ^H and
has no further information.

It may be that Terminology can be confiured: xterm lets you do that with
X resources. Or you may find another key combination that can be
configured: Alt-Left and Ctrl-W are common choices for that.

Oliver