Re: Empty directories

On Oct 1, 2014 11:15 AM, "Yuri D'Elia" <wavexx@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ok, so maybe we can cut it short and avoid to append a slash on empty
> directories directly on the first run?

The trouble is there is no way to tell that a directory is empty except by
looking "inside" it.  If the directory is network-mounted or contains
thousands of files (or, worse, both) that could be an enormous performance
hit to save you typing one character.

We might be able to do something with the newly-added short-circuit glob
qualifier, but that doesn't help with the network mount issue, and it still
means manufacturing a path tail, testing it, and then throwing it away
again.