Re: Could someone clarify how math functions work?

On Dec 18,  9:48pm, Kurtis Rader wrote:
}
} Your second example is identical to the first so you apparently did what I
} often do: forgot to make a copy of the desired text. That is, your second
} example should be
}
} zsh -c 'add() { for arg; do (( n += arg )); done; print  n: $n }; functions
} -M add; print results: $(( add(3,1,2) ))'

That IS what my second example is; look again at the text you excerpted
(not copied again here).  By the way, though I personally don't care
much any more after too many years of arguing, we try to discourage
"top posting" on these lists.

} I would argue that your explanation, while correct, illustrates my point.

No disagreement, but what is the point of making that point, again?
Jut to tell Eric to go program in something else?

--
Barton E. Schaefer