Re: surprise with echo

On 12/18/2014 07:20 PM, Lawrence Velázquez wrote:
You're making quite a few assumptions about how positional parameters and array substitution work.
I only just started experimenting with it. In the case I mentioned, it just took me by surprise that it killed the whole string. It was in a function that
had just ignored any null strings, then I set the option and the function
was busted.  Now I know why, so it's all fine. To be honest it never even
occurred to me that command line args would be affected.  Anyway I get
it now, thanks.