Re: surprise with echo

On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 3:21 AM, Oliver Kiddle <okiddle@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Kurtis Rader wrote:
>
> > It is possible, even likely, I'm missing the point of the RC_EXPAND_PARAM
> > emulation option since I've never used the Plan 9 rc shell before today.
> If
>
> I've never regarded the rc_expand_param and rc_quotes options as being
> there to emulate rc. They are merely inspired by rc.

Fair enough. And I don't have any objection to the options per se. In fact
I think the behavior provided by the rc_quotes option should have been the
default from day one (hindsight is wonderful). What I do object to is the
implication that the semantics of the rc_expand_param option will match
that of the rc shell. Yes, the zsh documentation is quite clear that isn't
true but the name of the option can easily lead someone to think otherwise.

--
Kurtis Rader