Re: symlink chain.

On 12/26/2014 08:50 PM, Ray Andrews wrote:
I just noticed that 'whence -s' very quietly 'finishes' a chain of links, and shows you the final target. 'ls' OTOH only ever shows you the first link in a chain. It gets me wanting some way of showing an entire chain of links where that applies. Can it be done? It occurred to me that perhaps 'whence' should not use the standard " -> " symbol when showing a link, because it's not a normal display, but a jump to the end of the chain. Dunno, is there a better symbol for that? " ->> " or something?

Well, pending a zsh internal solution, 'namei' does the trick very nicely.
Always new treasures to find.