Re: completion

On 01/07/2015 10:48 AM, Bart Schaefer wrote:
On Jan 7, 2015 7:15 AM, "Vincent Lefevre" <vincent@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
If an asterisk can match anything, there may be an ambiguity on
which field some given word will match.
This is actually intentional, so that a single style can be applied to
multiple contexts.  The expected use is that the wildcard will usually be
at the tail of the context string, so it's a shorthand to avoid having to
write out all the trailng colons.

Yabut we mostly see them inside.  One might at least be
robust about  permitting the asterisk at the end (tho even
then I don't think it's best), but that's not what happens.

And used as a sort of 'wildcard', that would be fine, *but*
it shouldn't change the number of separators:

kill (  :Ray:*:*:Montreal:*:*: )

... kill anyone who's first name is Ray, who roots for the Habs.

And for those who think that brevity should trump clarity:

kill (  :Ray:*:*:Montreal:** )