Re: grammar triviality with '&&'

On 03/01/2015 08:43 AM, ZyX wrote:

Each of the lines is a sequence of `zle self-insert` followed by `zle accept-line`. In first and third cases it is possible to, based on parser state, determine that more input is required. In the second it is a complete command on the first line.
I see, so it's not a 'hard' syntactic issue, the limitation is in the rules for look ahead, namely that if the parser feels it has a complete sentence then it never looks at the next line. OK, that's a crisp answer. Given how complex all that stuff is, I'd not even dare ask for that to be touched, something would break for sure. (Me, I've always preferred breaking lines before && and ||, but it's hardly important.)