Re: new user questions and issues

About local: instead of setting an option it looks like you can use

    typeset +g _t3

(`typeset +g`, `typeset` and `local` are almost equivalent, but typeset without any flags listed in documentation exhibits the same behaviour as `local`). Specifically in the example you can use

    local _t3=XXX__${_t2}__

: when there is an assignment `local` will not print previous value.