Re: zsh (live version): setting globassign crashes completion

On Tue, Jun 2, 2015 at 3:36 PM, Peter Stephenson
> On Tue, 2 Jun 2015 22:17:02 +1000
> Aleksandrina Nikolova <infinite.craziness@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Today I installed the latest git commit and was greeted by:
>>      _main_complete:388: _lastcomp: assignment to invalid subscript range
>> after any completion I tried to do. Removing all configs (global and
>> local) fixed the problem so I started enabling things one by one to see
>> what is causing this. Bottom line:
>> a default setup with only:
>>      autoload -Uz compinit
>>      compinit
>>      setopt globassign
>> gives the above stated error. Sorry, I don't have time to further
>> investigate, maybe someone else can look it up.
>
> We certainly shouldn't ever depend on the setting of the glob_assign
> option within the completion scripts, so this fix is a sensible thing to
> do anyway and ought to deal with it.
>
> What is actually triggering the error is a bit obscure,
> though... nothing obviously relevant has changed.  I guess some new and
> otherwise unproblematic assignment just picked up this alternative
> meaning.

My money is on
"33816, 33819: GLOB_ASSIGN changes integer and floating type variables
to string scalars"
I checked that my patch still passes the test added by those patches,
and it does.

--
Mikael Magnusson