Re: bracketed paste mode in xterm and urxvt

On Wed, Jun 3, 2015 at 12:04 PM, Yuri D'Elia <wavexx@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 06/03/2015 10:35 AM, Jesper Nygårds wrote:
>> I have a hard time figuring out how this is useful. Could you guys post
>> some examples of what you are using this function for?

It also makes every paste a single undo/redo point.

> Bracketed paste is of course useful for copy/paste in the terminal.
>
> In the 'safe-paste' oh-my-zsh plugin, the pasted text is not directly
> executed: the newlines are inserted as a multi-line command instead,
> which allow you to see the command before executing it instead.

It's probably worth noting that 'safe-paste' is a bad name for this,
since the pasted text can include the end-paste escape code, causing
the rest of the paste to appear to the shell as typed by the user.

This page has an example attack against the plugin,
https://thejh.net/misc/website-terminal-copy-paste

Hm, seems newer xterm prohibits pasting raw escape codes, so if you
have one of those versions, you are safe.

--
Mikael Magnusson