Re: Tab completion error after upgrade

* Bart Schaefer (Fri, 26 Jun 2015 14:52:38 -0700)

> On Jun 26, 10:35pm, Thorsten Kampe wrote:
> }
> } > Just to be sure, have you re-run compinit ?
> }
> } `autoload -U compinit; compinit -C ` is run from my .zshrc. I also
> } deleted .zcompdump and .zcompdump.zwc.
>
> If you have .zwc files, you may need to delete and rebuild those as
> well.  There was some effort made to improve the algorithm that
> compares the .zwc file version to the zsh version, but it still
> may sometimes load a compiled function from an older shell.
>
> In particular there are no parens on line 143 of _main_complete,
> which makes the error suspicious.

The error comes from "setopt no_multifuncdef" in my .zshrc. Setting
multifuncdef interactively makes the error disappear and unsetting
the option again manually does not reintroduce the error.

These two statements (in an otherwise empty .zshrc) will show the
error on my system:

```
setopt no_multifuncdef
autoload -U compinit; compinit -C   # completion system
```

Thorsten