Re: Errors with my youtube-dl function in ~/.zshrc but I am unsure why

Not a direct answer, but youtube-dl works with the video id also, like:
% yt OC1JiAUr3ZU

You may also "setopt nonomatch" to make zsh leave the argument unchanged if
no files match. Although, be warned that it might have some side effects.

Hope this helps.

- Gowtham