Re: tag-order with git refs

On Oct 8, 12:22am, Oliver Kiddle wrote:
> Subject: Re: tag-order with git refs
>
> It also doesn't help that in a couple of cases functions are called
> sequentially instead of using _alternative. The following patch helps a
> tiny bit with this.
>
>  (( $+functions[__git_heads] )) ||
>  __git_heads () {
> -  __git_heads_local
> -  __git_heads_remote
> +  _alternative \
> +    'heads-local::__git_heads_local' \
> +    'heads-remote::__git_heads_remote'
>  }

I think this will also end up passing TAG:DESCR:ACT (with empty DESCR)
down to _all_labels, which will take the "if" branch that adds the -J
option to compadd to make the tag a group name.

(time passes)

And indeed the patch does accomplish that, so now there is a group named
heads-local, but the style Peter thinks should work, still does not.

On the other hand, the style Oliver suggested with the list of "all tags
along the path" does exactly what Peter wants.  Oliver, can you explain
why?