Re: subsitutions and beginning of lines.

On 10/11/2015 07:26 PM, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
You could avoid parsing the line numbers (and unescaping the commands) altogether by accessing the history differently:

% print -r - $history[1004] echo foo

I could never get that to work with anything besides a single subscript. I'd expect it
to drive like any other array but nothing seems to work:

    print -lr - $history[-5,-1]

... and the point of what I'm doing is to show a range.