Re: GnuPG 2.1 with Git, problem in zsh, not in ksh

On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 02:05:31PM -0400, shawn wilson wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 12:22 PM, Andreas Kusalananda Kähäri
> <andreas.kahari@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 03:02:01PM +0000, Peter Stephenson wrote:

> >> Maybe something in your ksh set up is marking the variables for export?
> >> It won't do that automatically, though.
> >>
> >> pws
> >>

> > I don't think that's it. I don't have a ~/.profile file or point $ENV
> > to anything and ksh93 (standard on OS X, which I use) don't parse any
> > other startup files. The system /etc/profile only sets the $PATH. The
> > environment is inherited from my zsh session when I start up ksh, that's
> > about it, and it worked in ksh but not in zsh (does now, since I set
> > $GPG_TTY).
> >

> anything in {,/usr/local}/etc/<whatever files ksh uses> ?

Nope. Only uses /etc/profile, and that only sets $PATH. ... unless ksh
is doing magic that I don't see.

> > I'm wondering if there's some magic happening behind the scenes that I
> > don't know about. Maybe something in $FPATH gets triggered and does the
> > wrong thing?
> >

> IDK what gpg 2 does - I'm still on 1, but your shell doesn't do magic
> out of the box - you have to wave (and throw things) at it to make
> that happen.

I dunno. I was playing around with qemu the other night, and I typed
"qemu-system-x86_64" followed by <space> and then <tab> and the shell
decided to execute the command (possibly in an attempt to figure out
its usage info somehow) which filled my terminal with all sorts of qemu
logging crap. Is that a side-effect of using "compinit"? I'd call that
"magic out of the box".

Cheers,

--
:: Andreas Kusalananda Kähäri, Bioinformatics Developer, BILS,
:: Uppsala University, Sweden