Re: alias not found

On 10/29/2015 09:56 PM, Bart Schaefer wrote:
Well, no.  That would be Gromit laying his railroad tracks.

Really? I can see that 'line at a time' parsing would be a desired thing. But if
I can avoid the occasional problem by returning to a fresh prompt, it would
seem possible to have the same functionality via some other mechanism.
Mind, everything up to a sem has to be syntactically complete of course,
so none of the mayhem we were talking about a while back.
OTOH since this is the first time I've ever seen any issue of this sort,
I can quite understand that there's not much call for it.  In my case it
would simply let me get more done with a single recallable line like I first
showed.
} It seems this sort of thing is only a problem with aliases, or at
} least that I've seen so far.

Aliases are one of those things like "setopt interactive_comments"
that actually changes the parsing.

torch% setopt interactivecomments; echo # this is not a comment
# this is not a comment

I've heard of that and I'm afraid to even think about what it does. Anyway,
these are good cautions about aliases.