Re: saved from prince of eval

On 11/10/2015 08:18 PM, Bart Schaefer wrote:
On Nov 10,  5:07pm, Ray Andrews wrote:
}
} It's seems strange tho, how can a parameter be
} set twice (or 16 times) to exactly the same value?

Obviously it can't.  You're either accidentally appending to something,
or setting the value of a new key in an associative array.
I'd not have thought so. Whatever strange thing was happening it stopped with your last code suggestion. I suppose I should try to figure out what was going on. But it only happened with the environment viewer. Must have been evaling the output, but somehow to new values tho it sure didn't look like it. In the program after four runs:

   │ -=5679ENVXgiks │
   │ -=5679ENVXgiks │
   │ -=5679ENVXgiks │
   │ A=/aArchive │
   │ A=/aArchive │
   │ A=/aArchive │
   │ A=/aArchive │
   │ aa=/tmp/tmp_to_env.t9 │
   │ aa=/tmp/tmp_to_env.t9 │
   │ aa=/tmp/tmp_to_env.t9 │
   │ aa=/tmp/tmp_to_env.t9

Then seeing what's going on:

   $ set | grep "aArchive"

   A=/aArchive
   A=/aArchive
   A=/aArchive
   A=/aArchive
   A=/aArchive

... so God knows ...
Some invisible difference? Some non-printing char that's significant, but invisible? But it's not a problem any more.

Because it's being output in the format that the shell would have to
parse in order to read it back in again.  However, the backslashes
are probably of your own making, from your attempts to use (e).  I've
got exactly two parameters that output with a backslash in the value:
SPROMPT and WORDCHARS.
Here's what the output of " typeset -p " piped to a file looks like in geany:

℧㴧ਰ⌧㴧ਰ␧㴧ㄳ㌶ਲ਼⨧㴧
⤠ⴊ㌽㔴㜶䌹䕄乊噔婘楧浫ੳ㴰獺੨㼧㴧ਰ㵀
⤠䄊⼽䅡捲楨敶䄊 䝒㵃ਰ㵂愯潗歲湩⽧獚⽨潂瑯䌊偄呁㵈✧䌊䱏剏䕔䵒砽捦 㑥琭牥業慮੬佃啌乍㵓〸䌊 啐奔䕐椽㠶ਸ਼䉄单卟卅䥓乏䉟单䅟䑄䕒卓✽湵硩愺獢牴捡㵴琯灭搯畢⵳䵰牷㕂䍸湈本 極㵤㔳ㄸ攳搴晢㑦戶㌸ㅡ㤱㜲挲㘵攳ㄳ㥢ਧ 䕄䭓佔彐䕓卓佉㵎晸散䐊剉呓䍁㵋愯潗 歲湩⽧獚⽨潂瑯搯物瑳捡੫䥄偓䅌㵙〺〮䔊䥄佔㵒捭摥瑩䔊䥇㵄ਰ啅䑉〽䘊䝉低䕒✽ਧ偆 呁㵈甯牳氯捯污猯慨敲稯桳 猯瑩ⵥ畦据楴湯㩳稯桳猯慨敲稯桳猯瑩ⵥ畦据楴湯㩳稯 桳猯慨敲稯桳㔯ㄮㄮ搭癥〭是湵瑣潩獮䜊䑉〽䜊䅌䕄䍟呁䱁䝏偟呁㵈਺䱇䑁彅位啄䕌 偟呁㵈਺䱇䑁彅 䥐䵘偁偟呁㵈਺假彇䝁久彔义但⼽浴⽰灧ⵧふ䉐兗匯朮杰愭敧瑮ㄺㄴ 㨶਱䥈呓䡃剁㵓℧⍞ਧ䥈呓䵃㵄㔱㔰਷䥈呓䥆䕌⼽坡牯楫杮娯桳䈯潯⽴楨瑳楦敬䠊卉協 婉㵅〲〰ਰ佈䕍⼽潲瑯䠊协㵔偈礭ⴸ㘭䐭扥慩㉮䠊单䱈䝏义䘽䱁䕓䤊卆✽ठ

However, I tried mcedit on the same file ... and it looks absolutely fine, so go figger. Some charset or UTF or encoding or locale or who knows what. Nevermind.