lexing

Gentlemen:

The syntax highlighting in my editors makes the predictable mistake when it bumps into these:

(#b)
(#c1,2)
(#a3)

because the lexing mostly follows bash rules. The people who write the highlighter are interested in fixing that for zsh, but they want a rigorous description of the rule. As far as I know the only rule there is that if the hash is preceded by an open parenthesis then it is not a comment. Is that sufficient or are there further subtleties?