Re: Interactive search on the command line?

On 12/3/15 7:59 PM, Bart Schaefer wrote:
On Dec 3, 11:39pm, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
}
} So, you could do something like this (using the (b::) subscript flag as
} well):
}
}     % () {
}         local haystack="$1"
}         local needle="a"
}         integer idx
}         while (( idx = ${haystack[(ib:idx+1:)${needle}]} ))
}               (( idx <= $#haystack ))
}         do
}           print -r - $haystack[idx,idx+$#needle-1]
}         done
}       } foobar
}     a
}     %

This example might be a little clearer if we show the index where the
match was found and use a match pattern longer than one character:

% () {
     local haystack=$1 needle=$2
     integer idx
     while idx=${haystack[(ib:idx+1:)$needle]}
	  (( idx <= $#haystack ))
     do
       print -r - $idx $haystack[idx,idx+$#needle-1]
     done
   } foobar 'o??'
2 oob
3 oba
%

(I also removed all redundant quotes and braces, since the original
would only work in native zsh emulation anyway.)

Oh, it's a reverse lookup instead of walking through the entire
BUFFER.  Neat!  Code updated.

Scott