Re: Parse time options

On 16 February 2016 at 20:01, Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Feb 16, 11:36am, Sebastian Gniazdowski wrote:
> }
> } for i in "${STRESS_TEST_OPTIONS[@]}"; do
> }     setopt "$i"
> }     zcompile -R "$fname" 2>/dev/null
> }    unsetopt "$i"
> } done
>
> Presumably you're starting from a state where none of these options are
> set, so that it's correct to unsetopt them again?
>
> } This seems to work fine with NO_SHORT_LOOPS and IGNORE_BRACES. Is
> } there one other option that would break zcompile in case of some
> } forbidden (by the option) syntax? Except maybe for the CSH_* options.
>
> Well, there's NO_BARE_GLOB_QUAL, IGNORE_CLOSE_BRACES, MULTI_FUNC_DEF,
> maybe C_PRECEDENCES, possibly POSIX_IDENTIFIERS.

Thanks. In my "collection" (test collection) of 51 plugins I didn't
found one that wouldn't compile with the options:

https://asciinema.org/a/ana24je5nnvr8iy9wp8anmptg

However a simple test file revealed that indeed MULTI_FUNC_DEF can
make compilation fail. Couldn't construct test for NO_BARE_GLOB_QUAL
and C_PRECEDENCES, already am using IGNORE_CLOSE_BRACES, and
POSIX_IDENTIFIERS seems to not affect zcompile.

Best regards,
Sebastian Gniazdowski