Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: completions quotation style
- X-seq: zsh-users 21418
- From: Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: Zsh Users <zsh-users@xxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: completions quotation style
- Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2016 20:06:44 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=brasslantern-com.20150623.gappssmtp.com; s=20150623; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to; bh=mTd1WPkW6umMCkIjFCoEyjJswoB0Dj4A4PyS83JBMIU=; b=As+3ii69wSvMIG2zg6SeAInXbL4rHTX2RNIxd8mWryK7mXeUOkIxNT+vS/CZrK4y// ZMQACsWW0123DxocEyFDikbwezozl12e+pwkiCFRqWaPIegQnAC2esQJRLMRxeqSx3cP ehoZf6+L0vvTPMfdBilnDV/yo5xK4vSZhTDjUFJzjyMQcfH7wr87HjSMpU6OHR3H6A17 AGElQOiY4SLJtkfpL4e/XF1AdK2lWOc3aAeTWl77NdxEbmwA9xO2Cf6fuK1Eoi8jxDtt xVASiMgpKw8Zpe/No/GQ6WISRFUQ2e7sHn7Zjk5dJFB8lLV/VQ3F50XLmffDjP8KqHA6 BcsQ==
- In-reply-to: <56FB3F84.email@example.com>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Users List <zsh-users.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <56FB05B2.firstname.lastname@example.org> <160329171758.ZM31095@torch.brasslantern.com> <56FB3F84.email@example.com>
On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 7:52 PM, sergio <mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> % ls '/tmp/a/<TAB>
> works, but it's not what mean.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 9:40 AM
Subject: Re: Completed filenames quoted instead of escaped?
On Oct 23, 5:39pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
} Subject: Re: Completed filenames quoted instead of escaped?
} On Sat, 22 Oct 2011 17:25:43 +0000 (UTC)
} Daniel <quite@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
} > I would like completed and expanded filenames to generally "be quoted"
} > instead\ of\ escaped. Would that be possible? If find that more readable.
} If you type " before a filename, it will be completed in double quotes
} and (when possible) another " added at the end. It's not possible to
} configure it to add a double quote in front only when needed.
I seem to recall writing a widget that would insert a quote, then do
completion, and then if nothing changed remove the quote again. Oh,
Search the zsh-users archives for "completion;quote" and you should
find a couple of threads from 2010 discussing this.
Messages sorted by: