Re: One more heap optimization trick for zsh < 5.2

On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 8:01 AM, Sebastian Gniazdowski
<sgniazdowski@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I was testing the same input with 89k lines. The cause now
> accidentally clarified. It's about zplugin's shadowing of autoload

Are you sure it's the wrapper and not the autoloading?  It's pretty
common for the first run of an autoloaded function to be slower than
subsequent runs.

> It's hard to describe what *reload-and-run does

It temporarily alters FPATH when invoking an autoloaded function so
that the function is found in / loaded from a particular location.

> How do you think what can be
> happening inside Zsh?

Other than the normal autoloading stuff, nothing I can think of.  Is
the value of FPATH becoming especially large?  Could the slowdown be
external to zsh, e.g., opening/reading of directories in the fpath
search slower?